Above is the new trailer for Oz: The Great and Powerful and for the love of Christ, stop bragging about it having the same producers as 2010’s Alice in Wonderland. When a new Spielberg movie comes out, do they say it’s from the same director as 1941 and Indiana Jones 4? I guess what I’m saying is that I did not like that film. Anyway, this looks pretty cool. Granted, it looks reminiscent of Burton’s Alice (read: metric f*ckload of colorful CGI), but there are many factors that keep me from lumping them together.
- There are fourteen Land of Oz books to pull from, rather than two for Alice
- It has Mila Kunis
- Oz movies have a two for two* record (Return to Oz rules, bro)
- There’s Mila Kunis
- Unlike Burton, Sam Raimi still has some Drag Me to Hell goodwill left over
- Seriously, she even looks hot in a big, weird hat
- James Franco is a joke to some people, but he’s still a good actor
- Look at this GIF
I don’t care if the rest of the movie just a big budget adaptation of Dicknose in Paris, I’m seeing it for the Kunis.
*I’m not counting The Wiz, because Jesus Christ.